Let’s take a look back at what MACS members received for their membership dollar in 2015!
MACS delivered monthly service reports that covered the following technical topics:
- Dynamic diagnostics
- The technical and business side of repairing vehicles before they break. Preventive maintenance.
- SAE J-3030 about automotive refrigerant recovery and recycling recharging equipment intended for use with both R-1234yf and R-134a
- Compressor clutch service information
- What you need to know about tech info websites
- Understanding and diagnosing the displacement control valve-(DCV)
- Electronically controlled variable displacement compressor diagnostics
- Electronically controlled compressor solenoid tester
- Serial BUS review and what’s ahead
- New HVAC repair problems in electronic controls
- Do you need new RRR equipment?
- Temp sensor strategies, on board diagnostics, voltage drop testing on sensor circuits
- Filter and fuel pump information
- Evaporator core replacement
- Heater and defrost problems and repairs
- …Just to name a few highlights.
The MACS Service Report publication was also honored with an Automotive Communication Award for technical articles.
Award-winning MACS ACTION™ magazine published eight issues this year packed with technical articles including:
- Compressor clutches, how they work and why they don’t
- Electric cooling fan repair strategies
- Technical highlights from the MACS 2015 Annual Training Event
- Tool and equipment review
- A/C Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Heavy duty trucks in a climatic wind tunnel
- CAT A/C training
- Repairing mobile A/C systems in classic cars
MACS held regional clinics concentrating on heavy duty and off road mobile A/C in Reno, NV, Decatur, IL Rockford, IL, and Wylie, TX and a Spanish language outreach mobile A/C training event in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
MACS also submitted to the EPA a new Section 609 certification and training program to accommodate new standards and new refrigerant R-1234yf.
How does all this training and industry support benefit you?
Better trained techs make better repairs and don’t waste your parts and time.
In addition, MACS offers a full complement of business building member affinity benefits including discounts from UPS, CINTAS and Mass Marketing Health Insurance.
MACS also published a 2015 Mobile A/C Update textbook and taught that curriculum across the country.
Are you a MACS member? resolve to join us in 2016!
If not visit www.macsw.org to join today!